Thursday, November 8, 2012

[Article] Art Critique: Jesus Washing the Feet of Peter

Art Criticism: Jesus Washing the Feet of Peter

This is the 8th assignment in my Art History class.

 I'm serious... I do feel as if I have been unnecessarily harsh to the artist, who is most likely dead now. The piece really is good... I just found more things to pick at than I thought I would.

The text was originally supposed to be only 1 page long... but it ended up being two.

The piece was made a few decades after the era of art that I am currently studying; that's because it wasn't the original piece I was supposed to critique. The picture I was supposed to write about was this one:


But when I searched for it I found the other one instead. The teacher though accepted the critique I already wrote, which is nice.

More information on Ford Madox Brown's piece here.

No comments: