Thursday, June 20, 2013

[Craft] Beatles Shoes


Beatles Shoes by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART

I made these a few years ago, actually, but I procrastinated and never got around to uploadig them until now. >.> I suck...

The shoes, however, are still probably one of the best things I've ever made. That's how I feel about them, anyway. :3 They're white Adidas sneakers that a friend of mine bought me to decorate, and so I put Beatles stuff on them. I can't remember how long it took me, but I remember that my yellow sharpie marker actually died sometime in the middle of it. It was a brand new marker.

The shoes feature the Beatles themselves, as portrayed in their TV series The Beatles, the logo from the Las Vegas Cirque Du Soleil show Beatles LOVE (I've never had the pleasure to go to this show), illustrations of each of the Beatles' instruments, song lyrics from Strawberry Fields Forever and I'll Follow the Sun, green apples (in reference to the music company Apple Records who labeled many of their albums), a recreation of a poster as shown on AllPosters.com.au (This may not be where I got the original image, but here is the reference anyhow), the Yellow Submarine and the character Jeremy Hillary Boob Ph.D. from the 1968 animated film Yellow Submarine which was based off of Ringo Starr's song Yellow Submarine, and each of their names written around the edges of the soles around each shoe.

If there are things that I am missing, please let me know. I'll gladly fix the references above.^^^

P.S.- that's my friend's hand in the first picture. I should have edited that out... :I

--

Comments would be wonderful and are of course welcome.

Beatles (c) Apple Records and of course themselves.
Shoes (c) Adidas
Art (c) me -- do not steal and claim as your own please.

TUMBLR USERS: You may post this on tumblr, but I would ask that you ask me first, put a link routing back to this piece or back to me, and please do not claim this as your own. If I find this posted without my permission I will ask you to take it down and you will not be allowed to post any of my pieces again.

No comments: