Sunday, September 20, 2015

[Traditional Art] RIP Daniel Kyre


RIP Daniel Kyre by VampiricYoshi on DeviantArt

September the 18th there was a tragedy in the Markiplier/Cyndago community. Daniel Kyre of Cyndago was found in his room in critical condition on the 16th and the 18th he was taken off of life support.

I must admit that I did not follow Cyndago as closely as I do Markiplier. But I acknowledge that they are all very talented creative men who have just experienced an earth-shattering tragedy. Finding out about Daniel through Markiplier's twitter hurt. I feel sorrow for them and I wish them all the best.

About this picture...

I didn't even know which of the Cyndago guys was Daniel until last night. I had the Google images search of Daniel Kyre open as I drew his face. The flowers I chose were Forget-me-nots. I honestly don't know much about flowers themselves, but I chose forget-me-nots because of the name: "forget me not".

No one can forget Daniel. He was incredibly creative and witty with the other Cyndago guys and Markiplier. Everyone is always saying how they will not forget Daniel, thus the flowers.

I'm probably not making much sense in my reasoning... I hope it came across.

As for the medium -- I hate using colored pencils. Not as much as markers, but they're still annoying and difficult for me to deal with. And then scanning it into the computer takes away the colors that I used and there has to be heavy editing to make it look even remotely like the original piece. But I wanted to do something with my hands to honor Daniel, not just with the Photoshop technique I usually used. I have learned some new ways to color through this and I hope it shows with this picture. I did my best.

I hope you find peace, Daniel. And I pray for your friends, family, and fans to find it as well.

Tumblr Link: vampiricyoshi.tumblr.com/post/…

No comments: