Since I've had some requests on it, I put up a stage section so you people can get a bit of tips to learn how to draw. Sorry that they're a little sketchy. The scanner doesn't do pencil well.
You start out with a stick figure with proportionate parts. For hands you use a triangle. Look at your hand. From the fingers to your wrist it does resemble a triangle. That pointed thing is the chin.
A humans torso is like a bean. the legs and arms are like tubes. The lines on the head are for proportion reasons.

You add clothing over the body (that way you can avoid wasting time drawing the whole body.) You draw jointed sticks for the finger structure. You indent the eye area if you are doing a profile view and you place the nose just below the second line on the face.

You add finer details such as, hair, eyes, fingers, patterns, etc. That floating ball with the arrow is the direction of the wind. You would need it if you're drawing hair and really loose clothing.

You ink in the lines you want to keep and use a large eraser to erase the lines you don't. Make sure you don't forget some lines that you did want to keep.

Finally, you color it. I use the computer to do this. On the computer, you use base colors (like:"I want the shirt to be pink, I want her hair to be yellow, etc.) To do shading, you select an area with a select drawing tool, then you select feather (or fading whatnot), then you fill in with a color that is slightly but noticeably darker than the base color. To do the highlights, like in the hair, you do the same thing but you fill with a color that is slightly lighter than the base color. I didn't know what to do for the background so I just used bright, but not too bright, colors to make it complete.
3 comments:
Thank you for posting your staged artwork. I think you are amazing! Your sensitivity to characters in an endless variety of circumstances describes how aware you are of your surroundings. Keep it up!
Steve
It's so cool to see everyone's different styles of drawings, and i'm way exited to try yours! i really liked the way you explained it all. Thanks, you're amazing!
Yashly
I absolutly love your drawings! Peace girl!
Post a Comment