Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BYU Dance and Animation Collaboration

Or "Collab" as some of you k'nooks (random word) call them ;)

Thought of You from Ryan J Woodward on Vimeo.



"This short animation is a creative collaboration between BYU animation professor Ryan Woodward and Dance Dept. instructor Kori Wakamatsu."

Fascinating! Truly Fascinating! I would never have thought to bring the two mediums together aside from when I draw action comics! But this-- this is brilliant!

I can totally see what had happened without reading the article; one approached the other with the idea and then they started a first draft storyboard. As they refined it they threw in detailed ideas, such as "Let's make the girl like water" or "perhaps a ballet spin would be good here". Then as Woodward animated Wakamatsu watched to help him get the dance moves right.

I love this so much X3 One of my new favorite videos! Thanks, Julia for showing this to me!

1 comment:

Julia Hendron said...

I'm so glad you like it! I knew you would appreciate it :). You are a fantastic artist and I love ya! -Julia