It's finally done!...ish. I still need to do some final editing, but for the most part I've got the story done.
What is it? Oh yeah! I forgot! It's a Megamind fan-fiction. I've been working on it for so long... ugh. Curse my A.D.D.!
Anyway, yeah. Been typing it up at the library for the past few days, and now it's finally complete. Awesome.
Here's a snippet:
--
What is it? Oh yeah! I forgot! It's a Megamind fan-fiction. I've been working on it for so long... ugh. Curse my A.D.D.!
Anyway, yeah. Been typing it up at the library for the past few days, and now it's finally complete. Awesome.
Here's a snippet:
--
“Hey, swoon!” a man shouted from what sounded like was above us. “Let the woman go!”
“Sir,” someone else with a slightly higher voice said, “the word is ‘swine.’”
“Totally what I meant!” the first voice declared with the exact same thunderous tone as before. “Let the lady go, swoon!”
The man holding me turned to look behind him, which allowed me to finally see past him, and we both gasped at what we saw.
There was a huge machine that looked like some sort of futuristic hoverbike slowly descending to the ground in the middle of the street. It had huge exhaust pipes that spouted large white and blue flames. The thing made such a terrible noise I wondered how we had not heard it approach before
Driving the bike was what appeared to be a massive gorilla with a glass bowl over its head. Standing behind it, with his fists on his hips and legs spread apart in a triumphant stance, was a man. This man, if it was possible, was even stranger than the gorilla. He had a huge, bald head and his skin was blue of all things. He was clad in a black skin-tight suit with an electric blue lightning bolt on the front and wore a black cape with spiked shoulders and a Dracula-style popped collar.
What on Earth were an alien and a gorilla doing on a motorcycle in the city?
I shook my head to get back to my current predicament. The man was still distracted by the two on the flying motorbike, so I took my chance and kneed him in the stomach. Hard. A satisfying gasp came from his mouth and he went to clutch at his mid-section.
--
I'll admit, watching Sherlock has influenced the way I'm writing this. I've never written from a Briton's point of perspective, so this was interesting. I wonder how I did...
No comments:
Post a Comment