Friday, May 15, 2015

[Sketch Dump] Cartoons - 1


Cartoons - Sketch Dump 1 by VampiricYoshi on DeviantArt

I went on a Homestar Runner drawing binge once (you can blame Nintendo-Nut1 for that. View other products of that binge here and here.)

By the way, in case any Homestar fans haven't heard, Homestar is back! Episodes are slowly trickling out at maybe one every two months are so, but the content is as good as ever! Check it out! (by the way, anybody know what they were referring to happened Feb. 27, 2008? I can't seem to figure it out...)

There is an inked drawing of Tack the Cobbler from The Princess and the Cobbler (or The Thief and the Cobbler or Arabian Knight... depends who you ask really or which version you're referring to). I'm not sure about this particular drawing. I mean, it's good, but the history of it? I don't remember it. I remember drawing it. I remember I was going to do something with it, like color it. Here's where it gets fuzzy... I remember putting it on the computer and cleaning up the ink splatters on it. I thought I finished it. But... I can't find any evidence of that?? So... :I I dunno what happened.

Great movie, by the way. The original. Without so many of the musical sequences that Warner Brothers and other studios thought was a good thing to add. Though apparently someone has finished it from the way it was originally intended to be? So... yay? :3 Haven't watched it yet, but I am going to. Part one of The Thief and the Cobbler, Recobbled cut Mark 4 for anyone who wants to watch it with me. Watching the first sequence, it looks good so far.

Another cartoon featured here is Kimba the White Lion. It's kind of like the Lion King, except there are actually humans in this story. I haven't watched it in a long time, but I remember the art style being very good. In the New Adventure series at least... haven't ever watched the old series. Watch an episode of The New Adventures of Kimba the White Lion here (Japanese, English subbed).

There are a couple drawings of Looney Tunes here. Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny. No reference. So.. I'm not really happy with them.

And finally Private SNAFU (Situation Normal, All Ffff.... All Fouled Up). He is a product of World War II era propaganda and war-time education, used to help the public learn more about what they were dealing with in the forties. Quite a raunchy little character -- red-blooded American through and through. He does have relatives in other parts of the military, such as the Navy and the Air Force who are also named with military slang acronyms. Immediately I cannot remember them off the top of my head. You can watch what is claimed to be the Complete, Uncensored collection of Private SNAFU on Youtube here. Warnings for dated humor, some visual sexual innuendo, and whatever else you'd expect from a cartoon in the forties. Like racism.

--

Tumblr Link

--

Homestar Runner (c) Chap Brothers
Tack the Cobbler (c) .... Lots of studios. Let's be honest, everybody tried to get their hand in this over the years. Look it up on Wiki or something for details.
Kimba (c) Osamu Tezuka and TV Tokyo
Looney Tunes (c) Warner Brothers
Private SNAFU (c) the US Military, Warner Brothers, Disney, UPA, MGM, and  Harman-Ising Studio
Art (c) me -- please do not steal any of it.

No comments: