TF: A Christmas Carol by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART
Everyone IS doing this story, aren't they?
Original Passage:
Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it. And Scrooge's name was good upon 'Change, for anything he chose to put his hand to.
Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail.
Mind! I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade. But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for. You will therefore permit me to repeat, emphatically, that Marley was as dead as a door-nail.
--
It was fun translating the passage into Cybertronian-speak. And after the 3rd Bayverse movie I thought Sentinel would be the perfect Marley. But this also begs the question... who would be Scrooge? Maybe my Armada Optimus Prime, who is currently not happy about being the lesser Prime compared to my Bayverse one... but I'm getting off-track.
Wheeljack, when he learned that I was doing comics, wanted desperately to be in one. I suggested A Christmas Carol and he jumped at the chance. Obviously Starscream was unhappy about it. See, he's in the minority of my Transformers toys, being a Decepticon and me not having very many of those, and he doesn't like anything my Autobots do whether it's fun or not. So he decided to ruin this and take away Wheeljack's book. Meanie Dorito chip.
I found the rocking chair at a local thrift store and I made the book for 'Jack myself. My friend had a small Tanenbaum (Christmas Tree) so I used that for a prop as well.
The Sentinel Prime picture is a screenshot from a Youtube video.
Yes my Starscream is missing some pieces: he was second-hand from my younger brother, so that's the best he'll ever be I guess.
Ever read the book? No? Well read it here right online! Yay!
--
Comments are not necessary, but they certainly are appreciated. If you fave this please tell me what you like about it if you have the time.
A Christmas Carol (c) Charles Dickens
Transformers (c) Hasbro
Art (c) me -- please do not steal.
No comments:
Post a Comment