Friday, December 30, 2011

MOvie Review: "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" & Happy New Year!

*reading The Blog of Dr. John H. Watson*
Nice, simple... obviously he used a pre-made template though. Not that I'm complaining. The blog reflects John exactly...

Oh wait, we're on? Crap! Um- Um- Hold on! *crash noise* Where's the review? Crap, where did I put that review!
*paper rustle* Ah! Ah-hah! Here it is! Sorry about that... *ahem*

"Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" :star::star::star::star::star: 4.75 stars, but let's just round up and say 5 stars, yeah? :D
Note: These are not the official rating from professionals (am I not professional?) but my own ratings because, hey, everyone's a critic! XD

Brilliant!! Yes! Ah... Sherlock Holmes and now a deadly game of chess. Oh, it's Christmas.

I had gone to see this movie with my family on my birthday about a couple weeks ago and surprisingly I loved it. I had seen the first movie two years ago (initial really crappy review here) and it was one of those 'seeing-it-once-is-good-enough' things for me. I honestly cannot remember anything of importance from it, nor even barely remember the plot. Though I gave it a four-star-rating, I guess it didn't leave such a huge impact on me.

Game of Shadows -- however -- was completely different. Okay, I think they could have chosen a different title, but this one works. I was surprised that there was no love plot, because any movie you see in this day and age will somehow manage to squeeze one in. There kind of was, but not as much shoved-in-your-face-inuendo-with-the-bad-girl stuff than in the first one, and Watson/Mary doesn't count because they're already together (I wonder though if Watson/Holmes counts though... *shot by Watson's pistol*). This one was more about the puzzles and the actual action plot than the other one, and I'll admit it kept me occupied really well. Movies usually bore me (never mind what I put up in my journal with the reviews, normal movies really do bore me) but I liked this one and it kept me from shooting holes in the wall with a pistol (sorry, BBC Sherlock joke there XD I promise I won't do it again).

The only thing about it that annoys me is they got rid of ***** ***** (hiding name because it's spoilers) too quickly for my taste and Sherlock is the absolute worst Bachelor Party planner ever! Meh, at least he got John to his wedding on time...

One of the characters I really liked was Mycroft Holmes. Granted I've never heard of him before BBC Sherlock and this movie (I really should read the books) but he is one of my favorite characters. Okay, he's not my favorite because John fills that spot, but he's certainly... interesting. He's just about as eccentric as Sherlock is, but he can blend into society a little better (upper class society, but still). He made me face-palm just as much as Sherlock did, which is how I classify eccentricity obviously.

I liked the movie and I recommend it to geeks, readers, Holmsians, Watsonians, Mycroftians, everybody! That is, everybody who can appreciate complicated plots and won't be disappointed to see a movie without too much romance. Unless you count Bromance obviously XD I love it! *shot again*

--

So, now that's out of the way...

Happy New year :meow: Pop the corks and fill the glasses, it's time to celebrate the Earth getting another year older! The Earth's birthday... I've never thought about it like that before... weird.

Right now I don't have any plans, but I hope you guys do. Especially you with the special someone. I'm just gonna go sit in the single's corner and cry. (JK -- I don't get bummed about that stuff).

Happy New Year! I'm putting up an art meme new year's day to show what I've done through the year. Boring, I know, but it's something for the holiday.
~Kiyoshi Hebizumi :peace:

:bulletgreen:Quote: :dance:
"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves."
~Bill Vaughn quotes

Which one am I? :o

:bulletred:Video: :teevee:
Not one of his best disguises. It honestly didn't fool me... I saw it coming a mile away. Plus, this is one of my "Oh, Sherlock" Facepalm moments. :iconfacepalmplz: Warnings: Um... A man in a dress...?

:bulletorange: Progress on art: :work:
:pointr: Demon Angel Ch1 Pg 22 :star-half: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (Sketching)
:pointr: Batman TBATB Monster Army Pg 38 :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (Rough Draft)
:pointr: "Parody of My Life" comic/picture :star: :star-half: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (sketch/inking)
:pointr: Transformers Chapter 19 :star: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (Writing/Editing -- getting close to the end of this episode! :D )
:pointr: Transformers picture :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (no idea yet. Suggestions?)
:pointr: 9: The Other pg 3 :star-half: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (sketching-- story development)
:pointr: Short Story :star: :star: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (In hiatus)
:pointr: Surprise Fanfiction :star: :star: :star: :star: :star-half: (One last editing read-through and It'll be done! :D)
:pointr: Doctor Who Fanfiction Episode 1 :star: :star: :star: :star-empty: :star-empty: (writing and story development with help from my good friend Koth54321.)
:pointr: 9: The Story of 14 Part 2 :star: :star: :star-half: :star-empty: :star-empty: (drawing it up stuck in an action sequence now, and you know how those are... XD)
:pointr: Pokémon vs. Transformers dream pictures (x2): :star: :star: :star: :star-empty: :star-empty: (One down, one to go -- inking)
  • Mood: Sociable
  • Listening to: Trouble from The Music Man
  • Reading: The Zombie Survival Guide
  • Playing: Nothing -- Xbox broken X(

No comments: