Friday, May 13, 2011

The Phantom of the Opera


Phantom of the Opera by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART

Simply titled: The Phantom of the Opera

I arrive at the Opera, despite much protest.
My family and friends had all given me a warning of “No”.
I had escaped from their eyes and had made my progress
Because despite the rumors and superstitions I would go.

As soon as I got there, there was talk of a ghost;
A strange being of darkness and mystery who causes much fear.
They’re someone who fascinates and intrigues me the most,
And my natural C.S.I. self will want to see who’s here.

I search through the halls with much temperance and caution
For I don’t want to end like Beuquet, hung on a lasso dead.
Through a mirror, down in the cellars I sought in
I searched in the dark of the halls with my hand up over my head.

What I found was more than I sought down in his lair.
There’s indeed a Phantom of the Opera there.


Meh... Poorly written without much revising. It's an "I-sat-down-and-suddenly-got-inspiration" poem.

But it's decent... enough. Massive typos in the original script though. Stupid Photoshop won't show those... grrr...

Anyway... enjoy.

I used this tutorial to make the wax seal. I think I did a good job. :3

Note: Please comment on these! People fave them, but they don't say what they like about it! I want to hear from you!!!!

Phantom of the Opera (c) Gaston Leroux and, of course, himself.
Poetry and digital art (c) me -- don't steal it or you'll be like Beuquet!


Note: This piece is available for purchase as a print or other merchandise on DeviantART.com

No comments: