Birds of a Bone by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART
Birds of a Bone
Original Title: Dead Feathers
I've always wanted one of those bird skeleton displays in a glass case to have on a shelf. I still kinda want one... it's cool (my sense of decor, people. Sleep in fear tonight).
I don't usually use paint or canvas, but this was an exception. I'm clearly still lacking in the paint department, such as when I'm trying to fade the glow of the moon into the background... failing miserably. Plus the only white paint I had was white gloss, and I was too lazy to go to the store and get actual white paint. It still did the job at least.
Skeletons fascinate me because of how complex they are just by nature. Bird skeletons are no exception to that.
I can't remember what kind of birds these were... Hold on. *gets National Geographic's Field Guid to the Birds of North America Fourth Edition*
*flips through pages*
Here... Clark's Nutcracker, or Nucifraga columbiana. It looks like it's a jay of some sort.
I really did base these birds in the picture off the Nutcracker because it was the only decent picture that I found that I really liked and knew I could do.
And yes, I own that book. But I do not watch birds. Often.
--
Note: Please comment on these! People fave them, but they don't say what they like about it! I want to hear from you!!!!
Art (c) me -- don't you dare steal it or The Birds will come after you! Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Note: This piece is for sale as prints and other merchandise on DeviantART.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment