Movie Reviews: "Buck" & "Captain America"
"Buck":
Note: These are my own ratings, not those of other critics.
If it has not been made obvious before, it's sure to be obvious now that I had grown up on a small family farm in the western part of the United States. There were all kinds of animals on that farm, my favorites particularly being my horse Ruby and my donkey Amos. I moved from the farm life a few years ago, but I still believe that I can pride myself in saying that I appreciate the lifestyle. So when I saw this movie, I felt that I understood more of it than the average person.
Buck is a documentary about a man named Buck Brannaman who has been given the label of Horse-Whisperer. This film has won an award in the 2011 Sundance Festival in Utah and in my opinion, I think the award is well-deserved. It's brilliant, well-put-together, the subject-matter is attractive, and really I just love it.
I had actually seen this movie before my friend Liz had gone to the hospital, but I never got the chance to write a review because of just that. Here it is now.
I would encourage you all to go and see this movie when you have the opportunity, even if you do not or never have owned horses before. You'll learn a lot of things from it, believe me.
--
"Captain America":
Best superhero movie I have ever seen (that wasn't animated, that is). When this thing came out in trailers I did not think that I would enjoy it because of other superhero movies that have come out and have left a really foul taste in my mouth. Yes, they were awesome, but I didn't like them because of the nasty modern stuff that they put in it that was "cool" and more often than not the plots were all over the place. A couple of my friends when to see it and when they came back they told me that it was great. Plus, they told me it was clean. Clean!
So today I saw it with a group of friends and I really liked it. Sure, the plot still had some literal holes in it, as in missing scenes, but they really did a good job at making the whole thing more realistic (given the circumstances) and the animation/make-up was brilliant. There were no "dirty scenes" in it and the main protagonists were not arrogant idiots -- not even Mr. Stark! I was so happy! I would definitely recommend this movie to all my friends who haven't seen it yet who are interested in science fiction stuff coupled with history. I thought it was awesome. Sure, there were some inconsistencies with historic depiction of women and other things, but it was still really good. I liked it.
Go watch it if you haven't yet! It's awesome!
Kiyoshi is out! Peace!
"Surrender? SURRENDER?! YOU THINK THIS A ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR FRANCE?!"
This is not a quote from the actual movie, but rather a comic book I believe. Still, it's funny.
P.S.- No disrespect to my Frenchie friends
Kids React to Captain America Trailer. Just what it says. Check it out -- it's cute ^w^
Kiyoshi's Playlist - My personal favorites when it comes to songs; this playlist is currently on my blog, which none of you will ever get to see at all! Mua ha ha ha ha! Well, hope you guys enjoy it anyway. Surprisingly, it's completely free of Beatles... weird...
Disney Songs - I don't care if you people like Disney or not, I love it! Over a hundred Disney songs in different languages, styles, and cover songs in there as well.
Parodies and Randomness - If you like Weird Al, this is the place. If you like songs that make fun of well-known movies, this is the place. If you like being looked at funny when you sing these songs aloud.... well, come here, I guess. I'm not paying for your stay in the mental correctional facility, so you can't blame me for anything that leads up to that.
Homestar Runner - a collection of songs from your favorite characters down at HomestarRunner.com. Has anyone ever made one of these before without getting sued? Mmmmmmmmmmmmaybe. Aw heck, what to I know? XD
Phantom of the Opera - ♪The Phaaaaa~aaaantom of the Opera is there~ Inside your mind♫ If you don't care for Andrew Lloyd Webber, I am more than happy to tell you that not only his compositions (save pieces from the sequel Love Never Dies) make up this playlists, but there is classical selections as described in the book by Gaston Leroux that one can listen to to feel more in the atmosphere of the Opera House in 1880.
- Mood:
Tired
- Playing: KotOR, Star Wars/Batman Lego, Beatles Rock Band
No comments:
Post a Comment