I changed Mrs. Hudson's hair slightly because that's how it actually is in the show. And yes, John does sort of startle her when he rushes into 221B Baker Street; it's pretty obvious when you watch her as he comes in.
Since in the original series the call that distracted John was about Mrs. Hudson, then since I live there too in this comic I was probably mentioned as well. Who knows. Maybe John was just worried that I might've been hurt too since he didn't see me at St. Bart's (Molly had me running some errands so that I stayed away from Sherlock while he put his fake suicide into action).
The reason that John says 'Mrs Hudson' rather than 'Mrs. Hudson' (with a period) is because that is just how British writers abbreviate formal titles. We Americans put periods in all sorts of places when we're writing a sentence. I'm trying to make the British characters speak how they would write it themselves using their grammar rules. Just... just to add a little atmosphere, I guess.
I finished this pretty much at the last minute. That's why it only has four panels. I need to get on top of these as well as a lot of other things. :I
Sherlock © BBC
Art © Me
Full Archive


No comments:
Post a Comment