Friday, August 24, 2012

[Sketch Dump] Disney/Pixar - 1


Sketch Dump -- Disney/Pixar - 1 by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART

In this collection, the word "Dump" in "Sketch Dump" is utilized quite properly. There is no one real theme: just a loose relation between each sketch. The relation in this case, obviously, is Disney/Pixar productions. Shall we?

Shortly after seeing Tangled I had a dream where I was Rapunzel and I was with Eugene and Max. We were sneaking through a camp full of royal guards and I remember that I kept getting distracted for some reason.

There are three sketches of Woody Pride from Toy Story in this dump. The first one I've ever done is the one at the top right corner. It's from memory, so it's a little off from how it's supposed to look. The other two, however, are more accurate.

About a year ago I discovered a Sherlock Holmsian Disney movie called The Great Mouse Detective. I didn't think I would enjoy it when I watched it on YouTube (the movie has since been removed apparently), but but I quickly got swept away by Basil of Baker Street's generally flamboyant personality and Dr Dawson's plain adorableness. This may have been the trigger leading me to becoming a Sherlockian...

I haven't seen The Lion King recently, but I've always wanted to know how to draw the lions in the style utilized in the movies. So I started looking up pictures and started drawing this lion, with a slight difference in the ears, and played around with expressions a lot. The main reason I did this is because drawing cats always seems to intimidate me, and I've been trying to find a way to draw them that was comfortable for me.

Sorry -- lots of words. ^^;

--

Other Disney/Pixar works here.

--

Comments, if you please.

Characters (c) Disney and/or Pixar
Art (c) me -- please don't steal.

You can post this on Tumblr, but you MUST put up a link routing back to this deviation. And please let me know if you do, yeah? :)

((I still don't know if I'm ever going to get a Tumblr account))
 
[P.S.- To my Sherlockian viewers, I'm sorry -- I've been busy this week and was generally too lazy to work on LWS pages. Hopefully next week. :/ ]

No comments: