Saturday, September 22, 2012

[Art] Stay, and have some tea!


Stay, and have some tea! by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART

Oh my goodness, I am so glad I got this done before Hobbit Day was over :D

This Hobbit is Bilbo Baggins, if you didn't notice; I drew the face very much like how I draw Martin Freeman's face on John Watson. But this one's got prettier eyes. :love: Gosh, is it illegal to want to cuddle this thing to the ends of the Earth?

The clothing, obviously, is not the ones Bilbo wears in the movie(s). I've got a bit of a headcannon that the Hobbit wears a green, striped jumper without sleeves over his cotton shirts and under his vest. Martin Freeman will never escape the striped jumpers! Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Took me the longest time trying to figure out what I wanted to do for the background, but I eventually settled on an old parchment look. Looks pretty good, I have to say. :) Could've been better, but this'll do.

--

Comments and questions about this piece are welcome!

Bilbo Baggins (c) J.R.R. Tolkien
Art (c) Me -- please do not steal it or I'll tell Smaug you've been stealing his gold.


Note: This piece is for sale as a print and other merchandise on DeviantART.com.

No comments: