Tuesday, September 18, 2012

[Movie Review] "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted"

"Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted" :star::star::star::star::star-empty: Four stars :)
Note: These ratings are my own opinion, to which everyone is entitled to; forget what Steven Moffat says. :P

Old movie is old (not that old, srsly) but I made you guys a promise and I must stick by that promise. Here we go...

I was unable to actually watch all of Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa, which I still regret, but it didn't matter when I sat down to watch this movie. I'm not sure when how the transition from "Madagascar is great" to "We miss New York" happened because it wasn't really explained in the first part of the second movie, so I was confused about that. But anyway... fetching the penguins and bringing the lemurs with them was how it started.

I've got to bag on me movie first though before I pick it back up again:

The plot was... loose. I know it's a cartoon and it has to be simple for kids to understand, but I thought it was a bit too simple. There were other things that they could have added as well (like why they didn't really put a focus on Vitaly's talent with knives and instead forced him to face the whole hoop thing.... the knives are cooler in my opinion). But again, it's for kids so you can't blame it.

What I watched it for was the art style, the colors, and the music. And I have to say, it was AMAZING!! I loved the designs for the new characters (except DuBois, but that's just because I'm biased against villains) and It was just fun with all the musical numbers in it.

If you're just looking for something fun and not too complex, this a good movie to watch a couple times. :)

P.S.~ AFRO CIRCUS AFRO CIRCUS AFRO CIRCUS!!!! :D

:bulletgreen:Quote: :love:
Marty: I'm Marty-o Andretti!
Alex: No, you're Sucky-o Andretti!
~Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

Way to be supportive of your friend, Alex.

:bulletred:Video: :teevee:
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted Fireworks scene. This is one of the most colorful scenes in the movie, and my personal favorite. :) I apologize for the bad quality.

:bulletorange: Progress on art: :work:
:pointr: Once-LER fiction Chapter 5 :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (rough draft)
:pointr: "Parody of My Life" comic/picture :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: :star-empty: (I have several ideas related to my cat =^w^= )
:pointr: Sketchdumps series :star: :star: :star-half: :star-empty: :star-empty: (digitally constructing the individual sketch dump pages)
:pointr: 9: The Story of 14 pt. 2 :star: :star: :star-half: :star-empty: :star-empty: (halfway through. Still dealing with that action scene -_-')
:pointr: Surprise Loki picture :star: :star: :star: :star: :star-empty: (Just ONE MORE thing needs to be added... might take a while, depending on the mailing system between London and the United States.)
  • Mood: Bliss
  • Reading: The Hobbit. I can\'t stop imagining Martin Freeman
  • Playing: MINECRAFT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kiyoshi said...

Is it really so difficult to leave a comment?