Wednesday, September 19, 2012

[How To] Post a Comment!

Hello there, and welcome to


Here I'll teach you how to post comments on this blog because I get the feeling that either nobody likes me, or you don't know how to post comments. I'm seriously hoping it's the latter. If it isn't...

I'm done
 So let's get started, yeah?


Here we have a post. We've got the title and the content, but what's that bitty bar down on the bottom?


Ooh! It's an info bar telling you who wrote the post, at what time, where it takes place, and which folder it's in. There's also a link that will say " __ comments". Let's click on that -- see what happens.


It takes you to a new page with a box to write a comment, one of those security thingamagigs to make sure you human, and some options for your identity. I think that bit is what confuses people. Let's look closer at that part:

You have four choices. If you have a Google account for Google Docs, Youtube, Blogger, etc. (all free, by the way) you could choose that.

I don't know what the second option is so I'm going to be mature and ignore it.

The third option is for those who don't have a Google account or whatever the second option requires. Instead it allows you to put your name and maybe a website reference if you wanted to. You could type anything there! It could be from Sherlock Holmes, or Captain America, or even the Blues Brothers -- whatever! But I'd personally rather you put your actual name down so I know who you are.

Or if you want to remain completely anonymous, then select the last button.

When you've got your identity sorted out, click the "Publish Your Comment" button to send it off to me to read!

 When you write the comment it'll appear right next to the comment box, which will have been cleared in case you wanted to write a new comment. To go back to the post you just click the title of the post and you'll be linked to the post you had just commented on.


Scrolling down you'll see your brand new comment and maybe some others that have been posted by other people.

Congratulations! You have successfully posted a comment on my blog! Now do it more often, please? I keep thinking people are ignoring me...



'tis not good feeling...

No comments: