Shawn the Squid by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART
Meet Shawn the Squid! He has ten tentacles and big ole' googly eyes to oggle with.
The idea for this thing came to me when I was browsing through a site of crochet stuffed animals and I came across this monstrosity. I can't remember exactly what the site is, but I've had this image bookmarked for at least a year. :I
I got the idea to make a semi more anatomically correct squid just because I wanted one. So I started making it as a side project. With my aspergers disorder it took an entire year when it really could have taken only a week or so if I worked hard. But the end product looked really adorable. I even gave him hands just like the other squid, though Shawn's hands are a lot less bulky.
I'm surprised at how much I deviated from the original plush, but I'm glad that this one's all my own.
Now for how I came up with Shawn's name; months prior to finishing the project I had a dream about the tv show Psych and it featured Carlton Lassiter and Shawn Spencer. For whatever reason, Shawn volunteered to be part of a transfiguration experiment which ended up turning him into a squid and turning a squid into a... Shawn. Once a squid, Shawn became really attached to Carlton and wouldn't stop groping him, which I thought was really funny XD
I remembered that I had this dream, and so I christened him Shawn.
James the Crocodile was initially jealous with Shawn's completion, but he has learned to tolerate his younger brother. He's mostly happy that I haven't stopped sleeping with him.
There's more to that Shawn Squid dream, but that was enough for you to understand why I named him that.
--
Comments are always wonderful.
Art, and pictures (c) me -- don't steal them or James will proceed to eat you. Shawn will... just squirt ink on you, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment