Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax" 



4.5 stars
Note: I know I usually give high ratings to most movies I see, but that's because my expectations are low. XD And I usually try to only watch good movies. Anyway, this is not a professional critic rating, blah blah blah... I'm awesome.
I'll begin this review and start talking in rhyme
(Considering I've nothing to do and clearly have time).
I know, I know, that's old and cliche,
But I'm doing it because I like it this way.
Let's start with the animation; the style and color.
In that, this movie is like any other.
It's bright and fluffy and vibrant and light;
It's everything that children want in a movie, right?
But with this movie, unlike in Despicable Me,
the colors were dark when they needed to be.
The characters were mostly likable and fun,
Except for O'Hare, but that's because he's a villain. XD
The Once-Ler is one that I especially like.
And look at him -- he looks like Jack Skellington, right?
The others were okay, but try as I might,
I can't get over the awesome that is Betty White.
What bothered me, of course because something should,
Was that it was too short and
I wanted more of the Once-Ler and trees,
but with everything else I was thoroughly pleased.
So in short: I like this movie; I like it a lot.
And it's certainly okay if some of you do not.
--
End rhyming time because as fun as it is, I can't keep it up. XD
Here's some more news about my cat:
The incision she got when she was spayed got a little inflamed so now (90 dollars later...) she's getting some antibiotics and wearing a party cone. For about a whole two hours she tried to get it off, but eventually she seemed to give up and accepts that it's there.
Poor baby. I can't wait until I can take that thing off, though it's funny to watch sometimes. Schadenfreude and all that jazz... But she'll be okay. Agnes is a good kitty...
Some art news:
St. Patrick's Day picture is in production now. Late, I know, but it's right there ready to be colored. I hope I can get it done soon.
Also: who wants a Once-Ler fiction? I've decided that there aren't nearly enough and so I'm working on one right now just because I want to. I know, I've got a bunch of other stuff, but I hope some of you guys really like this one. ^^
Last one: Post-Reichenbach Sherlock angst. Takes place in an Alternate Universe where I live in the apartment downstairs(If Richard Brook was Real universe). I'm not asking. I'm telling you that it's coming. I think I did really well with drawing out and I just want to show it off. You don't need to take it seriously. ^^ That's coming soon.
Have a good rest of the week!
~Kiyoshi Hebizumi
Quote: 
The Lorax (to the Once-ler): "Did you chop down this tree?"
Once-ler (points): "What's that?!" (Gives axe to furry creature nearby) "I think he did it!"
Video: 
Some animals have found their way into the Once-Ler's house. One of my favorite scenes XD Warning: none.
Progress on art: 
St. Patrick's Day picture/comic
(Sketched)
April Fool's Day comic
(done early!
)
Demon Angel Ch1 Pg 22
(Sketching)
Batman TBATB Monster Army Pg 38
(Rough Draft)
"Parody of My Life" comic/picture
(sketch/inking)
Transformers Chapter 19
(Writing/Editing -- getting close to the end of this episode!
)
Transformers picture
(no idea yet. Suggestions?)
9: The Other pg 3
(sketching-- story development)
Doctor Who Fanfiction Episode 1
(Mostly done -- now I just need a preview picture)
9: The Story of 14 Part 2
(Drawing it up. Almost past the action sequence)
Note: I know I usually give high ratings to most movies I see, but that's because my expectations are low. XD And I usually try to only watch good movies. Anyway, this is not a professional critic rating, blah blah blah... I'm awesome.
I'll begin this review and start talking in rhyme
(Considering I've nothing to do and clearly have time).
I know, I know, that's old and cliche,
But I'm doing it because I like it this way.
Let's start with the animation; the style and color.
In that, this movie is like any other.
It's bright and fluffy and vibrant and light;
It's everything that children want in a movie, right?
But with this movie, unlike in Despicable Me,
the colors were dark when they needed to be.
The characters were mostly likable and fun,
Except for O'Hare, but that's because he's a villain. XD
The Once-Ler is one that I especially like.
And look at him -- he looks like Jack Skellington, right?
The others were okay, but try as I might,
I can't get over the awesome that is Betty White.
What bothered me, of course because something should,
Was that it was too short and
I wanted more of the Once-Ler and trees,
but with everything else I was thoroughly pleased.
So in short: I like this movie; I like it a lot.
And it's certainly okay if some of you do not.
--
End rhyming time because as fun as it is, I can't keep it up. XD
Here's some more news about my cat:
The incision she got when she was spayed got a little inflamed so now (90 dollars later...) she's getting some antibiotics and wearing a party cone. For about a whole two hours she tried to get it off, but eventually she seemed to give up and accepts that it's there.
Some art news:
St. Patrick's Day picture is in production now. Late, I know, but it's right there ready to be colored. I hope I can get it done soon.
Also: who wants a Once-Ler fiction? I've decided that there aren't nearly enough and so I'm working on one right now just because I want to. I know, I've got a bunch of other stuff, but I hope some of you guys really like this one. ^^
Last one: Post-Reichenbach Sherlock angst. Takes place in an Alternate Universe where I live in the apartment downstairs(If Richard Brook was Real universe). I'm not asking. I'm telling you that it's coming. I think I did really well with drawing out and I just want to show it off. You don't need to take it seriously. ^^ That's coming soon.
Have a good rest of the week!
~Kiyoshi Hebizumi
The Lorax (to the Once-ler): "Did you chop down this tree?"
Once-ler (points): "What's that?!" (Gives axe to furry creature nearby) "I think he did it!"
Some animals have found their way into the Once-Ler's house. One of my favorite scenes XD Warning: none.
- Listening to: So What by P!nk
- Reading: The Hobbit. I can't stop imagining Martin Freeman
- Playing: HALO. Ah! Flood!
No comments:
Post a Comment