Introduction:
The crime of
Vandalism refers to the willful act of defacing property that does not belong to the 'vandal'. This includes graffiti, destruction of objects or property, or throwing slime-filled water balloons into your neighbor's window and splashing the horrid stuff all over the place.
There is a reason that last example is so specific; it has just happened to my family.
The Scene of the crime:
 |
| Immediately affected area in my parents' room |
The incident took place at approximately 3:30 pm on Thursday, June 25th, 2012. A red water balloon filled with some sort of green slime substance had been hurled at the east-most window in my parents' room, impacting upon the air-conditioner. The balloon exploded and spewed the foreign substance through a tiny crack where window meets air-conditioner, splattering various pieces of furniture, photos, books, computer equipment, and the carpet.
I did not see or hear anything, which is odd because I was only in the next room. I still don't understand why. I only learned about it when I overheard Betty making a call to the Home Owners' Association (I believe) and was describing the scene over the phone in detail.
Additional Photographic evidence:
 |
| Betty's dresser |
 |
| The Top of the air-conditioner |
 |
| Laptop and other computer equipment |
 |
| Two photos with slime-spatter |
 |
| On the window sill beside the air-conditioner |
 |
| Top of the air-conditioner |
 |
| Spatter along the carpet (outlined digitally in red) |
|
|
 |
| Spatter along the carpet (outlined digitally in red) |
 |
| Bookcase beside the dresser |
My words:
This is annoying. Yes, I do want to give whoever had done it a lecture about respecting other people's property, but Betty is handling it. I am just posting this as evidence and as a statement of what had happened, I suppose.
I will not tell who we believe had done it. The vandals will remain anonymous on this blog.
Just know that if you ever do crap like this again, you will be in even more trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment