Year of the Dragon 2012 by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART
Featuring from Pokémon Blue, my Charizard Carth.
Year of the Rabbit 2011
He's not exactly a dragon... but eh -- close enough XD
I've been debating with myself about what to draw for the new year and just yesterday after lunch I thought: "Screw it -- I'll draw my Charizard."
While drawing I realized that I still have some issues with drawing Pokémon (previously unspoken issues) because of how odd Charizard's body is. It just is! But I managed and it actually looks decent.
While I was coloring, however, I realized I had made an error the first time I drew him: his wings are supposed to be blue. Oops. But I got it right this time around.
Those brown things on the Charizard's head is supposed to be like scale-locks or whatever. I wanted to make my Charizard personalized so I gave him brown eyes and those locks.
I love this picture.
Happy Chinese New Year, y'all!
--
Comments are wonderful and pretty and I love reading them.
Pokémon (c) Nintendo
Art (c) me -- don't steal it please. I have a Charizard.
Note: This piece is available for purchase as a print or other merchandise on DeviantART.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment