Sunday, February 5, 2012

Joshua Powell


I'm pissed. I'm more than just pissed -- I'm ready to kill someone. Unfortunately, the only person worth killing is already dead. >:(

I know, I know... thou shalt not kill and all that. But... gosh!! This makes me so mad! I hate it when people kill other people. I hate it when they try to "take control" this way. I hate it when they're being so selfish!!

That's what this is; a series of events stemming from the fact that Joshua Powell felt that he was losing control. I know. My brother knows. My mom knows.

The most dangerous time for a woman in a marriage/strong relationship is when she tries or threatens to leave her partner. That is what Susan Powell had done two years ago: said she was going to leave. Then she 'disappeared', but everyone knew then, and know now, that it was Josh who had killed her and hid her body someplace. She was trying to get out of his control and he seemed to panic. So he killed her. Sound illogical? It is. But it's also a pattern. Here's how the pattern continues...

Now that there isn't the threat of his wife leaving him and taking his kids, whom he sees as possessions, away he decides to move away from Susan's friends and takes the boys with him. He tried to isolate his boys from their friends and their mom's friends to keep them to himself.

Later he moved into his own father's house, who apparently had priors related to child pornography. *disgusted eyebrow raise* Susan's parents, the Coxes, learned about this and took custody of the boys. Josh was granted visitation, but it was supervised.

Today's visitation was supposed to be no different. But it was. Why? Because the straw had finally broke the camel's back. Josh was finally losing everything that he had tried so hard to keep; control of his family. So what did he do? He locked the social worker supervising him out of the house and, with him and the boys inside, lit the place up. Froosh. Two child-sized bodies and one adult-sized body were found.

This way, his children would never be taken away and he wouldn't get in trouble and go to jail. Coward.

But I find comfort in knowing this: he'll never escape his ultimate punishment from God. He had assured us that those who do wrong will be punished accordingly. And those who are good will be blessed.

Because of that I don't worry for the children. They're gonna be okay. It's their grandparents, the Coxes, that I worry for. They and their family have been hurt by these events and they need support now more than ever. Pray for them. Please.

I admit, I am considerably less angry than before when I first heard about this... which was only an hour ago. Nice. Odd... but nice.

No comments: