Sherlock: Impossible to Understand 1 by ~VampiricYoshi on deviantART
"More Sherlock art?? This chick's obsessed!"
You don't know the half of it... XD
Please read comment at the end of the dialogue.
Text/Dialogue:
Sherlock
Impossible to Understand
Person 1 (Sherlock): I don't understand it.Person 2 (???): Really?
Ha ha
How painful was it to admit that?
Sherlock: ...
???: It hurt a little didn't it?
Sherlock: ...
SFX: turn
???: Oh, Sweetheart, don't pout now.
That's embarrassing for a man at your age, isn't it? [Please pardon the spelling of 'embarrassing' in the comic]
Hmph.
Well, if it's any consolation...
I don't understand it either.
SFX: sit
Sherlock: It is boring and useless.
I can't find any point to it.
???: Now, now, if it didn't happen humanity would have died out long ago.
Sherlock: I believe we would have found a way to do without it.
???: Well I disagree.
Just because we don't have partners to expand our understanding doesn't mean others find it useless as well.
--
I had this comic (and the next one) done on the 2nd of February, so this has been sitting in my sketchbook for a little bit. I wanted to start out with both characters being mysterious, but I needed to put a title in and it made at least Sherlock's presence obvious. I'm hoping not for the other character.
I want you guys to do something for me:
First, try to deduce who the other person is. Mycroft? John? Molly? Moriarty? Lestrade even? Maybe someone else? Try to figure it out. But don't put in the comments yet.
Second: What are they talking about? Whatever you think it is, keep in mind that the conversation could easily swing the other way as well (not meant to be a gay joke, seriously). So which do you think it is?
Tomorrow when I put up the second part of the comic, I ask that you put your answers in the comments then along with your reaction to whether or not you've got it right. I'm trying to make this fun for you guys.
Onto the artsy stuff:
I've been practicing with drawing comics, trying to make them more interesting in their design and 'coloring' (even for black and white ones like this). I'm still fiddling with speech/thought bubble placement and shapes so that they don't cover important things or so that they cover little to show what's happening but just enough to add mystery. Did I do well? And the different 'camera' angles are always important. I don't want one panel looking like another and I'm trying to use dramatic angles to add interest to the page.
For those who actually followed that paragraph I have a question: How'd I do? I'd really like to know, and if you tell me I'll love you forever.
Happy almost-Valentine's Day. Conclusion tomorrow.
--
Comments are love.
Sherlock (c) BBC
Art and story (as short as it is) (c) me -- don't steal please.
No comments:
Post a Comment