Memorial Day -- Movie Review: "Kung Fu Panda 2"
"Kung Fu Panda 2"
5 stars! 
Note: These ratings are my own and not really official ratings. I rate depending on story structure, friendliness to families, filming/animation style, and whatever else I feel like rating it on.
In this case humor falls into my rating category as well.
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Of all the animals for the bad guy to be.... an albino peacock! How crazy is that!? Ha ha ha ha! *ahem* but that's not the only thing that had me laughing.
In the theater I did my best to hide my laughter, but when I realized that nobody else really bothered with it I just let it out. Dol was sitting right next to me and he was laughing too.The whole movie had jokes here and puns there and just some really random stuff going on that I about died of laughing.
But it's not just the humor that really caught me with this picture; I couldn't believe how well the story was put together, especially for a movie with Jack Black in it. What also made me happy was that the Furious Five also had more lines than in the last movie which was cool. Like, in the last movie you could barely even tell that Jackie Chan actually was in it, but in this one Monkey had more lines. It's really good -- especially for a sequel! I have to say it even rivals Toy Story because it almost made me cry. You can tell if I think it's a good movie when I almost start to cry. I easily could have, but I held myself back. Not that I needed to bother... it was raining outside so it would have been hidden if I had.
But still -- epic movie of epic awesomeness!
Silly Quote: 
Shifu: "This could be the end of Kung Fu."
Po: "But, I just caught Kung Fu!"
Shifu: "And now, you must save it!"
Video: 
How is he doing that with his face???? D8. He'll never hit forty! Warnings: none
♪ Musical Playlists: ♫
Kiyoshi's Playlist - My personal favorites when it comes to songs; this playlist is currently on my blog, which none of you will ever get to see at all! Mua ha ha ha ha! Well, hope you guys enjoy it anyway. Surprisingly, it's completely free of Beatles... weird...
Disney Songs - I don't care if you people like Disney or not, I love it! Over a hundred Disney songs in different languages, styles, and cover songs in there as well.
Parodies and Randomness - If you like Weird Al, this is the place. If you like songs that make fun of well-known movies, this is the place. If you like being looked at funny when you sing these songs aloud.... well, come here, I guess. I'm not paying for your stay in the mental correctional facility, so you can't blame me for anything that leads up to that.
Homestar Runner - a collection of songs from your favorite characters down at HomestarRunner.com. Has anyone ever made one of these before without getting sued? Mmmmmmmmmmmmaybe. Aw heck, what to I know? XD
Phantom of the Opera - ♪The Phaaaaa~aaaantom of the Opera is there~ Inside your mind♫ If you don't care for Andrew Lloyd Webber, I am more than happy to tell you that not only his compositions (save pieces from the sequel Love Never Dies) make up this playlists, but there is classical selections as described in the book by Gaston Leroux that one can listen to to feel more in the atmosphere of the Opera House in 1880.
Progress on art: 
Demon Angel Ch1 Pg 21
(penciling)
Godzilla Ch1 Pg 9
(rough draft--working on story development)
REAL* Batman TBATB Monster Army Pg 37
(Text)
"Parody of My Life" comic/picture
(It's done!
)
Transformers Chapter 19
(Writing/Editing -- getting close to the end of this episode!
)
Transformers picture
(rough draft)
9: The Other pg 3
(rough draft -- story development)
Short Story
(Writing first draft)
Surprise Fanfiction
(typing up -- editing as I'm doing that)
Doctor Who Fanfiction Episode 1 (dunno if there's gonna be more than one episode)
(editing as well as figuring out where I'm going with it)
Note: These ratings are my own and not really official ratings. I rate depending on story structure, friendliness to families, filming/animation style, and whatever else I feel like rating it on.
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Of all the animals for the bad guy to be.... an albino peacock! How crazy is that!? Ha ha ha ha! *ahem* but that's not the only thing that had me laughing.
In the theater I did my best to hide my laughter, but when I realized that nobody else really bothered with it I just let it out. Dol was sitting right next to me and he was laughing too.The whole movie had jokes here and puns there and just some really random stuff going on that I about died of laughing.
But it's not just the humor that really caught me with this picture; I couldn't believe how well the story was put together, especially for a movie with Jack Black in it. What also made me happy was that the Furious Five also had more lines than in the last movie which was cool. Like, in the last movie you could barely even tell that Jackie Chan actually was in it, but in this one Monkey had more lines. It's really good -- especially for a sequel! I have to say it even rivals Toy Story because it almost made me cry. You can tell if I think it's a good movie when I almost start to cry. I easily could have, but I held myself back. Not that I needed to bother... it was raining outside so it would have been hidden if I had.
But still -- epic movie of epic awesomeness!
Shifu: "This could be the end of Kung Fu."
Po: "But, I just caught Kung Fu!"
Shifu: "And now, you must save it!"
How is he doing that with his face???? D8. He'll never hit forty! Warnings: none
Kiyoshi's Playlist - My personal favorites when it comes to songs; this playlist is currently on my blog, which none of you will ever get to see at all! Mua ha ha ha ha! Well, hope you guys enjoy it anyway. Surprisingly, it's completely free of Beatles... weird...
Disney Songs - I don't care if you people like Disney or not, I love it! Over a hundred Disney songs in different languages, styles, and cover songs in there as well.
Parodies and Randomness - If you like Weird Al, this is the place. If you like songs that make fun of well-known movies, this is the place. If you like being looked at funny when you sing these songs aloud.... well, come here, I guess. I'm not paying for your stay in the mental correctional facility, so you can't blame me for anything that leads up to that.
Homestar Runner - a collection of songs from your favorite characters down at HomestarRunner.com. Has anyone ever made one of these before without getting sued? Mmmmmmmmmmmmaybe. Aw heck, what to I know? XD
Phantom of the Opera - ♪The Phaaaaa~aaaantom of the Opera is there~ Inside your mind♫ If you don't care for Andrew Lloyd Webber, I am more than happy to tell you that not only his compositions (save pieces from the sequel Love Never Dies) make up this playlists, but there is classical selections as described in the book by Gaston Leroux that one can listen to to feel more in the atmosphere of the Opera House in 1880.
- Mood:
Excited
- Reading: Phantom of the Opera :D
- Playing: KotOR, Star Wars/Batman Lego, Beatles Rock Band
No comments:
Post a Comment